Ten ways to Implement Self-care Daily
Self-Care has became a new buzz word. A word used to describe the importance of taking care of yourself. I know as a woman who is also a wife, mother, entrepreneur and Minister, this can be an area that goes missing in action. Before we get out of this first month I would like you to make self-care real in your daily life. If you are not intentional you will look up and find yourself burnt out, once again.The reason I say daily is because self-care is more than going to the nail salon. Below I have a list of ten ways you can implement self care daily.
- Social Media Timer: Limiting your social media time decreases the amount of information that you take in that could possibly overwhelm you.
- Sleep Routines: Allowing yourself to sleep 6-8 hours a night allows your body and mind to rest to be prepared for the next day.
- Journals: Journaling is a good coping mechanism to get your thoughts on paper and out of your head. It could ease anxiety.
- Meal Planning/Prepping: Planning your meals or having them prepped gives you time back from preparing meals everyday. It is also a good way to make sure you are eating nutritionally good food. /
- Skin-care Routine:our skin is our biggest organ and we have to care for it daily. You can start with exfoliating brushes, face mask, and body scrubs. You find this is very relaxing and can be done during your normal shower routine.
- Quiet Time: We spend a lot of time being busy, and talking. Sometimes we are conscious of our own thoughts or what God us communicating to us. Every morning or evening spend 10-15 mins in silence
- Exercise: Maybe you knew this was coming or maybe you didn’t. If you move for even ten minutes can do so much for your overall health. You can make this fun by doing the exercise you like.
- Reading: Reading a book can be a healthy way to check out of your life for a few and check into another person’s via a book. Books can bring you joy and a sense of accomplishment.
- Coloring or Doodling: Thus one is a very mindless activity that can reduce alit of stress while doing it. It can ease anxiety as . It’s one of my favorite self care activities. I love coloring books; adult and children’s.
These are some strategies that you can implement & began to implement immediately. We can’t go another year putting everyone before ourselves. I understand that we wear a variety of hats and that God an amazing purpose for us. I do believe He wants us to walk it out and that starts with making sure you care for yourself. If you need to implement a self care plan click here to download your free Self Care Jumpstart Guide.
Nakeisa J. Lead Flow Connector